Inbound 16 has come and gone.
Some would call it an EVENT not just a conference:
- Everything was AWESOME (if only Lego Emmet had been there...)
But what did we learn? Besides that orange rules, that we are all IN with Hubspot and that we love Boston?
Check out our top 5's and our video!
Isaac's Top 5:
- The vast majority of your next customers will interact with your current customers... make sure you have a strategy that puts your word of mouth advertising on fire
- The biggest marketing no-no is to not respect the prospects time
- Video should be a growing part of your marketing strategy
- The true winners in the future will document and storytell the best
Sarah's Top 5:
- To win at SEO you have to be great at HEO (Human Enjoyment Optimization)
- Focus on optimization of content: It's easier to double your conversion rate than it is to double your website traffic.
- Stop trying to inspire interest - inspire attention.
- Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month get 4x more leads than companies that publish 0 - 4 monthly posts.
- A Good Content Matrix includes:
They Ask You Answer
Talk about Cost
Talk about Versus
Talk about Problems
Emily's Top 5:
- Social Doesn’t change culture, it reveals it.
- Quote by Albert Szent Gyorgyi "A Discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind".
- Design thinking mindset is made up of: Empathy, Creativity and Collaboration.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about i
- To change the conversation, you first need to chnage what you measure so you can see the opportunity.
Alek's Top 5:
- 59% of millennials are not a part of the “millennial mindset”, 72% of the “millennial mindset” are non-millennial. Takeaway: it’s the mindset that matters, not the millennials themselves. *also, do not refer to millennials in the workplace as millennials…81% of them find it rude or offensive due to the negative connotation it carries.
- Video: When you're on site, shoot everything..." just because you shoot it doesn't mean you need to use it today".
- Insourcing: Unless we create it, we don’t value it as much. Everyone needs to be involved in content creation!
- Social Video generates 1200% more shares than text and image and combined.
- Are you ready to swear in your $%*!ing Marketing? Here's why it works:
Element of suprise
It might signal confidence
It could resonate with like -minded
It can be darn funny
Adds mojo to your voice
Read to learn more? Here is what you missed this week on 21 Handshake:
As we move more toward a framework of user intent, micro-moments could end up becoming a more useful framework for building SEO than the keywords themselves.
Google has announced plans to switch to a mobile first index in the future; meaning the search engine will look primarily toward mobile search activity.
You can’t control what people say about your brand, but you can strategically thing about the best way to incorporate earned media into your marketing plan.
In 2017, the biggest challenge businesses will face is differentiating themselves in the cluttered digital marketplace; 3 thought leadership trends change that.